Submission Guidelines for Real-Life Reflections
On Real-life Reflections at Passionately Catholic we proclaim together the blessings of God as everyday Catholics. This is a platform for you to share your faith and enrich others.
Think of Real-Life Reflections like a magazine. You don’t have to publish the whole magazine yourself, just submit your audio reflection like an article, and be a part of our mission to help spread a Passionately Catholic invitation.
Questions You Might Address:
Build your testimony around a quote from Scripture, a Saint, or Church document.
- Why are you Catholic?
- Was there an event in which you intentionally decided to become a disciple of Jesus Christ and follow him?
- How has God touched you in your life, perhaps with a significant event?
- What faith wisdom do you want to share for the good of others?
- Reflections are centered around a quote: a verse from Sacred Scripture, a quote from a Saint or spiritual writer, or from a document of the Church.
- Quotes need to be under 300 characters, ideally under 150, and the quote text needs to be included with the submission.
- Begin with: “Welcome back to Passionately Catholic, I’m [state your name].”
- You may use first and last name or only first name. You may say where you are from, if you wish. *Minors use first name only and may not include location.
- Briefly introduce yourself personally and/or professionally if your experience/job makes a difference in your reflection.
- Introduce your quote and why you are sharing your thoughts on it. Why does it matter? Why is it important?
- If you have a YouTube channel, website, or other social media you want to share, include that at the end of your reflection and provide text with your submission of all links & information you want included in the video description.
- Note: we reserve the right to decline submissions or to edit them as needed. Minors must have their parent or legal guardian submit Real-life Reflections on their behalf and provide their consent for minors’ reflections to be published on Passionately Catholic.
- Submit your Real-Life Reflection using the contact form on this website, see the button below. Include a link to your audio file (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). OR fill out the form, and ask for an email address where you can send an attached audio file.
- Imagine you are speaking to a friend, just one person, not a whole audience. It will be much more personal that way. Remember, YouTube videos are typically watched by individuals, and this helps personalize it.
- Record in a quiet location, ideally with fabric in it to absorb sound. For example, a closet full of clothes, in a car parked in a garage, or even in a quiet space sitting underneath a blanket. The fabric dampens the sound so it doesn’t echo, and the quiet is essential for clean audio.
May God bless you abundantly, and I’ll see YOU again in the next episode!